Almost immediately after we got pregnant I decided I wanted to have a bird-themed nursery. I found some cute wall decals, mobiles, and felt birds on different sites and got to pinning them on my Nursery Ideas board.
As we began purchasing fabric and getting comfortable in the room that was transforming into a nursery, I made some decisions about how birds would be incorporated. I decided that I was going to make these birds. I spent $11 at Wal-Mart buying squares of different kinds of fabric. I bought 9 different patterns of 1/4 yard fabric in a section of the fabric department that has pre-cut squares. I used these fabrics in conjunction with the fabric from the pillows and other scraps I already had to make the birds.
here. They didn't. I imagine that's partially to do with the fabric I chose and my remedial sewing abilities. The pattern is very delicate and requires intricate stitching. After 4 birds on the sewing machine, I discovered hand-stitching them would be MUCH easier and made the rest that way.
Michael's, Hobby Lobby, and Wal-Mart, I talked to Jarrod and we decided to cut a branch off of the tree in our backyard. We've wanted to trim the bottom branches of the tree anyway to make it easier to mow and this was the perfect excuse. Jarrod cut and trimmed two branches and we decided to use one for the wall.