- Hit magical goal weight by March 30th. - This magical goal weight is my happy weight - where I look good, my clothes fit well, and I feel great. I began the year about 6 pounds short of that goal weight after trying to attain it for 4 months.
- Walk 300 days in 2011. - I didn't put a mileage goal on this because I wanted it to be attainable regardless of what life brings me this year. Walking 300 days out of the year should be very attainable.
- Family - visit family, have family visit, explore expansion of the Louisiana Johnston clan.
- Pay down debt by $25,000.
- Find an exercise that he doesn't hate. Stick with it.
Most of these are measurable and reasonable. I will need to stretch to reach them, but it is possible. I think about these goals everyday and am excited to report that I have made some decent strides on hitting them. I know we're not quite at the end of January yet, but I wanted to give you an update on how we were doing. Here's my update:
- Since January 1, 2011 I have successfully lost 2 pounds!! I know this doesn't seem like much, but it's the only headway I've had in 4 months! I couldn't be more thrilled. Can't you tell by the exclamation points!! ;-) Just about 4 pounds left until I hit my magical goal weight.
- Since January 1, 2011 I have walked 19 days. That's 19 days out of 25 (I'll walk tonight making it 20/26). This means I'm walking an average of 75% of days and I should be walking closer to 82% of days. I still feel really good about this goal. I've been walking to work nearly everyday and sticking to a good schedule.
- Since January 1, 2011 we have not seen any family with the exception of my sister. However, we have a trip planned in February to visit our closest friends, family is visiting us in February, and I'm hoping more family in March. We'd like to take a trip to Dallas sometime this quarter, but are waiting for a few things to fall into place before doing that.
- Since January 1, 2011 we have paid off $1,900 in debt. It was a bit of a crazy month financially, so I'm thankful that we were able to do this. Yes, we need to pick up the pace to hit our goal. We have budgeted even more for February and will use any money we get back from the IRS straight to debt. We're coming along!
- Since January 1, 2011 Jarrod has taken 3 yoga classes. It's a special kind of spiritual yoga and he's loving it! It's taught by a local clergy friend of ours and Jarrod finds it very relaxing. It's helping him stretch his body and clear his mind every Tuesday morning. I am thrilled for him.
What are your goals for 2011? Are you sticking to your plan?