Thursday, August 2, 2012
1 in 30
Welcome to the 30 in 30 challenge! Each day this month I'll be posting a response to a prompt. You can find all the questions here. I stole the questions from here.
List 20 random facts about yourself.
1. I had super straight hair until I was about 11 years old. I fought the curl until I turned 17 and finally gave up. I grew out my bangs and embraced the curl. Having curly hair defines me.
2. I am United Methodist and love many things about our grace-filled, frustrating denomination.
3. I love trashy TV and can often be found zoning out to Real Housewives of anywhere, something Kardashian, or a random wedding show.
4. I move about 100 miles per hour all the time. I do lots of things all at the same time and have been known to make mistakes because of this. Age has taught me to slow down, but sometimes I still get frustrated with slow-movers.
5. I'm very neat. I like things clean and fairly clutter-free.
6. Jarrod and I have lived in our rent house for 15 months. This is the longest I've lived in once place in about 15 years. I am itching to clean out a closet and toss a lot of excess, but am also thankful we haven't had to move in the summer!
7. I value education, open conversations, and love learning new things. Which is probably why I'm an expert in nothing. (Although my job title had specialist in it until I asked to change it...)
8. I was incredibly dramatic for about 10 years. In my early to mid-20s I stopped being boy-crazy and cut the drama. Life is a lot more manageable now, but I'm embarrassed to see folks who knew me back then because of how ridiculous I acted.
9. There was a point in time that I didn't want to be married or have kids. I'm happier being a wife and mother than I could have ever imagined.
10. Life is been a challenge and I've lived through a lot of tough stuff. Most people don't assume that about me. I try to live as positively as possible because it's just more fun than dwelling in crazy.
11. My favorite color is purple but I don't wear much purple and there is very little purple in our home.
12. I could drink gallons of diet coke each day if I allowed myself. Instead, I drink at least a gallon of water each day and a little diet coke.
13. I have a self-control issue. I could eat 9 oreos in one breath if I allowed myself. I constantly keep myself in check, establish good habits, and do not deprive myself.
14. I feel more healthy and happier than I've ever been.
15. I adore my job and know that everything I've learned for the past 10+ years has lead me to do exactly what I'm doing right now.
16. Sometimes I feel like my sister and my husband are the only two people on the planet that really get me.
17. I like going to church. I rarely miss a Sunday because I need it for me. I don't go to church because I'm better than anyone else, I got to church because I need to refuel, be held accountable, and experience community.
18. I am very proud of the callouses on my feet. They represent years of training and miles of walking for a cure.
19. I'm a morning person. I have always crashed early. These days, I am in bed by 10pm or so.
20. I am a huge Friends fan and can relate just about anything to Friends. I talk about Phoebe, Ross, Joey, Monica, Chandler, and Rachel as if they are my friends in real life sometimes. Jarrod often says, "They aren't really yours friends!"