Sunday, August 12, 2012
11 in 30
Welcome to the 30 in 30 challenge! Each day this month I'll be posting a response to a prompt. You can find all the questions here. I stole the questions from here.
Describe 10 pet peeves you have.
1. Ignorance, lack of desire to learn new things, or complete closed-mindedness. I love education, learning new things, and being in dialogue with others, even if we don't agree. It's so frustrating when someone doesn't feel the same way and wants to just live with the world the way it's always been.
2. Being inconsiderate. Hold the door open, clean up after yourself, and leave things better than they were when you arrived. It's just the polite thing to do.
3. Lying. Don't lie. Ever. It makes me mad.
4. When the dog licks herself. Makes me insane. I don't know why.
5. Know-it-alls who don't know it all. People who think they know stuff without any facts to back it up make me crazy. With the internet literally a finger click away, if you don't know something, look it up don't make it up.
6. Blaming others. Take responsibility for yourself and own your own mistakes. What's worse than blame is blame when it's completely unnecessary. No one was accusing you of anything, don't worry!
7. Laziness. We all need rest and relaxation, but taking the easy way out all the time is just lazy.
8. Gossip. I'm such a gossip. I love hearing stories and sharing stories. But the hypocrite in me hates when other people share business that's not their business to share. I try to keep my gossip strictly to things I know and are mine to share. But I'm completely guilty of this too.
9. Biting nails and chewing ice. Drives me insane. I think it's a sound thing.
10. Allowing things to happen to you vs. happening to things. You are in control of your world. Just complaining about things that happen to you doesn't help. Change what you can and make your world beautiful.
This was not the most uplifting post... :-)