Sunday, August 5, 2012
4 in 30
Welcome to the 30 in 30 challenge! Each day this month I'll be posting a response to a prompt. You can find all the questions here. I stole the questions from here.
List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could.
1. Learn to get comfortable in your own skin.
2. You will have a beautiful life, don't worry.
3. Be yourself.
4. You are beautiful - embrace who you are.
5. Read, think, and have an open mind.
6. Love people, serve others, and share your gifts.
7. Don't be who you think others want you to be - be who you want to be.
8. Fake it until you make it.
9. Slow down, you only get to be 16 once.
10. Make good choices - you'll have to live with them forever.
This was a great question because I work with 16 year olds. I am always thinking about who I was as a 16 year old and how I can best relate to where the youth I work with are coming from. Naturally, the world is a very different place than it was 14 years ago, but I think 16 year olds are still the same. The biggest thing I want youth to know is to be themselves. Don't worry what other people think or who they want you to be.