- If we were having coffee today I'd tell you that my heart is hurting for a friend. It's not my story to share, but I'd ask for you to be praying for her and her family. My heart is heavy and has been for about a week for her.
- If we were having coffee today I'd definitely tell you about the Whole Living Challenge. I'd explain that I'm drinking juice or water this morning because we're really doing well on the cleanse. It's been CRAZY hard and hasn't gotten easier for me. Many people write that their cravings go away. That must be nice, but everyday I drive past McDonalds and I want a diet coke. I see chocolate chip cookies or white cake with thick vanilla frosting and I want to quit this stupid cleanse. I desire sugar but it is easily quenched with fruit salad. I've gotten really good at making fruit salad (with a little honey and sliced almonds!). I haven't missed meat at all and don't miss cheese nearly as much as I thought I would. We're enjoying new veggies and I am incredibly proud of Jarrod. It took me 4 years to get him on board with smoothies, but we're finally there. He wants one every morning!
- If we were having coffee this morning I'd tell you about how our offices are closed every Friday for the next few weeks. I still have to work some Fridays, but sleeping in some with my boys and playing with Wesley on a weekday is AWESOME! We've tried a splash park and are trying another one today. I'll share those stories soon!
- If we were having coffee today I'd tell you how excited I am about our very first CSA drop-off tomorrow! It's from a farm in Weatherford, Texas and I cannot wait to see what is in our basket this week! We opted for the summer session of 8 weeks of produce to see how we like it. We'll decide if we'll continue. After all of the produce we've eaten for the past 3 weeks I'm really excited about trying new things! Because we paid for it already up front, it'll be 8 weeks of "free" produce!
- If we were having coffee today I'd tell you that next week is going to be a very exciting time around here because I'll be sharing some SUPER exciting news and some other things that have been on our heart. Hint? It's financial and it's AWESOME. Another hint? We're exploring adoption and it's completely overwhelming me in a million different ways. Gets ready! I'll also be sharing some beautiful family photos I took over 4th of July weekend of my precious family. YAY!
Friday, July 12, 2013
Coffee Date Friday
I meant to do a vlog this week but got caught up in other work-related things and now I've showered, removed my make-up and my hair is wet. You don't get to see me looking like this! :-) Today I'm linking up with Alissa from Rags to Stitches. Hop over there to see what everyone else is talking about over coffee today!