Here were our goals for September:
- Complete fundraising for the 3-day for the Cure
- Jarrod reads one non-fiction & Leanne reads one book
- Try a new recipe
- Go on one date
- Have one family activity
- Leanne walk 75% of days
I need to make a goal for next month or maybe every month next year - type up the monthly goals and look at them during the day! I know what they are in my head, but think we'd do a lot better as a family if we were working towards them intentionally. All the same, we did a decent job this month.
- Nope! But I still have t-shirts left, if you want one! All proceeds will go to helping me meet the minimum. Want to make a donation? Click here!
- Yes and yes! I read A Year of Biblical Womanhood: How a Liberated Woman Found Herself Sitting on Her Roof, Covering Her Head, and Calling Her Husband "Master" and On Becoming Toddlerwise this month. I also listened to Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead. Toddlerwise wasn't as good as I'd hoped because it was geared more to stay-at-home mamas, but Biblical Womanhood and Daring Greatly were both incredible! Jarrod is reading exclusively non-fiction for school. And a lot of it!
- I don't know that we necessarily tried a new recipe, but I played around with some old recipes! I added rainbow chard and water chestnuts to my brown rice and chicken casserole and it was AWESOME!
- We did! We had Jarrod's folks watch Wesley and we went to a morning meeting, went to lunch together, did a little shopping (for Wesley!) and went to a concert for work that night. It was an awesome day. Especially the shopping. Jarrod and I rarely get to do that without Wesley, so it was nice. And we got a lot of great stuff for Wes!
- We took a lot of fabulous trips to the park this month! We went to Ikea one afternoon and checked out the food trucks near work. None of it was especially memorable, but we did make time to leave the house as a family!
- Yes! I've started trying to train more and up my miles for the 3-day which is in just a few weeks!